CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Liquid lawn

From this:


To this:
Ryan introduced me to wheatgrass yesterday.  Not only was it the first time I'd ever drank liquified grass, but also the first time I'd ever drank anything from a shot glass.  I also learned what a chaser was.  What a sheltered life I've lived.  Thanks Ryan for opening my eyes.  I was a little worried about how it would taste, but Ryan assured me it was good, even kind of sweet.  I was tempted to plug my nose as I threw it in my mouth and swallowed, but decided I wanted to experience the full flavor of it.  Ryan was right: it wasn't bad and it was kind of sweet.  I could definitely detect a grassy flavor to it and for the next couple hours my burps tasted grassy.  

I suddenly have an urge to go out on my lawn and take a few nibbles on the grass.

3 comments:

~Cynthia and Girls~ said...

Yes wheatgrass is yummy but sometimes the color is enough to throw off the taste even just a little for me. Did he make it himself or did you buy it as Superfoods (odwella brand)?

Ashley said...

Hey Kersina! I once again was lead back to your blog by randomness, so I've read through all these and will have to take more time to catch up on the entries in your old blog...anyway, I have a blog now too...and I like this because I'm a huge feed addict now. So now that I know how they work, I can just subscribe to your feed and read it all the time! :)

Anyway, I actually work at a smoothie bar at the moment and we have wheatgrass. I had never tried it before I started working here, but that's exactly how I describe it to people who make a face when they see it. And the grass burps are the funniest part!

Flops said...

At least when you look at the grass outside you are not tempted to smoke it. Or maybe you are and not telling us.