CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

First day reflections

Today was the first day back at school.  Wow.  It's going to be a difficult year.  3 of my 4 classes are very full.  I felt weak today at the end of the day.  I likened it to the first day after practice or conditioning for a sport - my body was so out of whack.  Ryan and I go to the gym in the morning and I'm so glad we do because I simply have no desire to go later in the day.  Ryan was so sweet too.  He put a little "good luck/I'll be praying for you" card in my bag last night and I didn't find it until after the school day.  He made me dinner tonight and let me veg and listened to me go on and on about my students.  What a great man.  I do love him.

I will be having my surgery next Wednesday.  I met the doc last week and it should be a fairly low risk operation.  I'm gonna have a nice 7-8 inch scar on my leg.  I will be out of school for about 3 days and I'm not too happy about leaving my new kids with a sub for that long.  Ryan, the trooper, is going to be with me at the med center that day and i'm sure we'll get plenty of documentation.  Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

7 comments:

Kara said...

I can't believe you're already back in school! Good luck with those large classes. And good luck with your surgery. I'm glad you've got a good guy there taking care of you. It's so nice to have that support and someone you can depend on and talk to about your life and your work. Take care Kersina- look forward to hearing from you again!

Jennifer Never said...

I'm just impressed you still want to teach anything after teaching english in Taiwan. It is SO demanding in SO many different ways. And you have older students this year right? Good luck, and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers re. your surgery. Glad you have such a good man there with you.

Mrs. Miller said...

What about your mother who is also going to be with you at the Med Center. Where is her shout out? I would like to know!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck with a new school year and with your surgery! I have definately been out of the loop...I just read about what's going on. I'm sorry! I'm glad you have such a good support team there for you and a good doctor! I just hope you have a good sub. for your new students too.

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Best of luck in the new school year! Our prayers are with you as you approach your surgery date. Sounds like Ryan is a keeper for sure! :-)

Sally said...

Surgery, yipes! Here's hoping everything goes perfectly and you end up with 3 blissful days of relaxation and being waited upon.

Violet said...

Don't forget we are still waiting for an update!!!!!