CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving on

We moved!  Yay!  A little over a week ago we moved into a wonderful townhouse that I found on craigslist.  I love craigslist.  It's got its share of scammers, but for the most part, all of my craigslist dealings have been good.  Add this one to the list.  We'd found a condo previous to this place, but the landlord was a little uptight and seemed to want the perfect tenants with the perfect credit history.  Now, we come pretty close to perfect tenants, but there's not a whole lot we can do about our credit history.  We said adios to him and continued to look for housing and prayed about it too.  Then I found an ad for this townhouse and called up the landlord and once I saw it, I knew that this was for us.  The landlords are a sweet older couple and have only had family living in here so they're taking a risk in renting to strangers.  I personally think it was Zoe that got us this place.  She is such a doll.  Anyway, we love our new place and love our new ward at church.  Everyone has been so welcoming.  We even got a huge box of boy clothes our first Sunday there!  A lady that is now a friend of mine has had all boys but is now pregnant with a girl (she's due a couple days after me too!) and this is their last baby so she was more than happy to give us those clothes.  I was more than happy to take them too.  And that kind of leads me into a question....

This baby is my 2nd baby, but it's my first boy.  Should I have a baby shower?  I've got toys and books and baby stuff galore.  All I need is clothing.  I want to have a baby shower, but I don't know if it's tacky.  Any thoughts on that one?  I'm 7 months along now and am starting to feel the weight of this baby.  It's harder for me to get up and down.  We did get signed up with a gym last week and I'm so glad to be back to regular exercising.  It'd been almost 7 months since I'd really exercised.  Our gym has a pool and I love that.  I want to be in better shape for when Benson does come along and I know it'll help me have a quicker recovery too.

Zoe and Ryan are doing great.  I'm sure a lot of moms feel this way, but I just can't get over how cute my own daughter is!  She is talking so much now and actually starting to say some real words: ball, tree, cheese, dog.  She's signing more too.  She really does surprise me with how much she knows.  Ryan is enjoying his job and getting back into a routine.  It sure is nice to have him working just 7 minutes away.  He gets to come home for lunch everyday and that is a blessing.  We're excited to be expanding our family.

And here's a cute video for you to watch.

5 comments:

Jackie M said...

I personaly feel that a second shower is tacky. I think that if people want to give you gifts that they will do so. That being said, if someone does throw a shower for you without asking then i dont see the harm in it.

Stephanie said...

I don't think it's tacky to HAVE a second baby shower, but I feel it is a little tacky to ASK for one to be thrown.

I am not a big fan of multiple baby showers when you have the same gender baby, but for all three of my girls my friends threw me baby showers even when I asked them not to. If your friends and family feel you need one, I'm sure they will put it together.

Besides, you don't quite remember how expensive a baby is until you have another one.

Trent and Amber said...

If someone wants to throw a shower, let 'em! You can always just ask for clothes and diapers too! In a non-tacky way of course! What gym did you join?

Fabulous Five said...

Okay, so I just threw a gal in the ward a baby shower for her 3rd boy and the bishop's wife who had her 4th child. I personally think EVERY baby is worth celebrating, and what better excuse for ladies to get together and chat. We did "Diaper showers", but since you're not using disposables that might not be realistic. Personally I wouldn't want one for the clothing reason because you're not afraid of hand me ons and for me only about half the clothes were in the right season of thier growth (I'm not sure if that matters in CA).

Orange Peanut said...

Fun to see your blog!!! You should definitely have a shower! It's a great way to celebrate the little one's arrival! Amber and I are happy to throw you a shower to celebrate your first boy!!! Hooray!!!