CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

As the world turns

So, I've been packing around this basketball on my front side for the last little bit and it's still got about 6 weeks to grow/go before Zoe gets here. Bending over is becoming more of a challenge and turning over in bed requires me to rock back and forth, gain a little momentum and flip myself like a pancake on a griddle. Last night we decided to have a little fun with the belly. We looked around a little online and discovered that belly art work is more popular than we thought. While those professional drawings cost a pretty penny, we decided to go the free route and see what a couple washable markers could do. Art is not my forte, especially upside down art, so what you see below is Ryan's creation. I like how my belly button adds some 3-d effects to the map and almost looks like a volcano coming out near Brazil. There will be more drawings on the belly, but this was the first, and of course, had to be shared.


4 comments:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Claire was due in November so my friend and I painted jack-o-lanterns on our bellies! Great way to remember you pregnancy!

Unknown said...

HAHA! It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. That's awesome. I can't believe how close you are! So excited for you guys!

Sally said...

Yeah, Brazil looks like a dangerous place with all that volcanic activity close by.

garcias said...

I don't know why, but you crack me up. I really don't have the guts to put hardly any pictures up that include me. Thanks for the pictures and update. Take care of yourself.