CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Enjoying the ride

When I first found out we were pregnant, I got myself hooked up with a website called babycenter.com. It gives me a weekly update on how big our baby is (size compared to a fruit or vegetable, weight, length) and what changes she's going through that week. My mom has called on more than one occasion asking what fruit/vegetable the baby is that week (she's about the weight of a head of cabbage this week, just in case you're wondering). It's been a great resource for me and for Ryan. Through this website I also found out that tingling in my fingers is normal and that those weird dreams where the aliens come and abduct me is perfectly fine. Ok, just kidding - I haven't been having dreams like that.
About 5 minutes ago I read an article they had on there titled "The 12 things you miss most during pregnancy." Some of the items I expected to see: cute shoes, peaceful sleep, off-limit foods, etc. But then I came across some such as: feeling sexy, emotional control, feeling strong and independent. Those ones I was more surprised by. I'll admit that it's not fun not being able to fit into my jeans (but then again, it's summer - who cares?) and yes, I do miss a lot of my cute shoes. But those are things that I think pale greatly in comparison to the miracle that is taking place inside my ever expanding belly. What made me sad for a lot of these women is how they now feel left out of things or not as attractive as they once were. Oh, I certainly have my days of just feeling like a heifer, but those feelings fade quickly. One thing that is helping me feel so great about myself is the support and encouragement I'm receiving from Ryan. He has been so great and makes sure that I know how beautiful I am. There's no denying that the surface of my body is changing in permanent ways, but I truly feel blessed to have such a supportive man to help me at this time. The funny thing is, he's not even here. Ryan has been in Vegas since Father's Day, yet on a daily basis he helps me to feel attractive and sexy and powerful. I certainly can't do as much as I used to be able to do, but when I tell him about my day's activities, he makes me feel so proud of myself for what I AM able to do.
I still have 2.5 months to go on this pregnancy and Ryan will be here for most of the remainder of that. And he'll certainly be here for the most important part. I just feel so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who supports and loves me (even from afar) and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ryan - you're the man!

Sally said...

You go Kersina!